The Yes Means Yes Show has arrived!
Jaclyn’s podcast Fucking While Feminist is now The Yes Means Yes Show, the better to get the show listed in and promoted by iTunes. Which got us to thinking: why are so many companies such buttinskies about sex-related expression online and off, and what are the consequences of the shushing?
Host Jaclyn Friedman talks with Matie Fricker, owner of Albuquerque’s best sex shop, Self Serve Toys, about the terrible spectre of vulva videos, Facebook’s ban on talking about pleasure, and how hard it is for Self Serve to get basic services like banking. (Oh, and very briefly, we rag on One Direction. ::ducks::) Then we offer some practical advice to a listener who wants to DIY sex supplies at home.
- A first for our show: Matie is offering listeners a discount on the one and only Original Magic Wand vibrator! But you have to listen to the show to get the code.
- On banks’ refusal to give loans to “adult” businesses.
- Then read more here about banks seizing porn performer’s assets for no good reason.
- Do you think we could resist sharing the Meaty Beavers tumblr? We could not. We didn’t even try, TBH.
- For audio nerds who noticed that our sound quality is markedly improved, you have this adorable Canadian video to thank: